HOT! Toya Delazy releases ‘My City’ ft Cassper Nyovest

Toya Delazy starts 2015 with a bang as the SAMA award winning artist launches the video & radio version of ‘My City’ ft Cassper Nyovest - the 2nd single off her sophomore album ‘Ascension’. Toya explains: "My City is a song that celebrates where we are from, those places that brought us up to be who we are today. I decided to collaborate with Cassper Nyovest as he is also very proud of where he is from and how he got to where he is now." Nearly four years in the making Toya began writing ‘My City’ in Durban in 2011, when things “were starting to happen in my career… I felt so grateful to have stepped outside my comfort zone and moved to the "big city". That's where it all started, I will never forget that," said the artist. Kyle Lewis from Dirty Soul Productions, who shot Toya’s acclaimed “Forbidden Fruit” video – nominated recently at the Out Awards London - was the director & vision behind the playful treatment that was done almost entirely against a green screen backdrop. After walking away with three South African Music Awards in 2013 for her gold selling debut album Due Drop and a 2013 BET Nomination for Best International Act (Africa), Toya Delazy announced the release of her brand new album ‘Ascension’. Ascension is characterised by a crystal clear artistic vision and was formed through Toya’s unique writing process & significant production collaborations, both local & international. Craig Massiv & Troydon Murisan, Shane Cooper, Ross Jack & Toya herself formed the heart of the production team, with US based Fresco Kane & Jazziel Sommers adding an international flavour to the collab credits. The anthemic ‘My City’ is the key artistic collaboration (with Cassper Nyovest) from the album ‘Ascension’ released in October 2014. 

Comments