CD! Jamie Cullum - Interlude

Award winning broadcaster, song-writer and celebrated musician Jamie Cullum announces releases ‘Interlude’, the jazz album (featuring Laura Mvula and Gregory Porter) through Island Records.  Lead single, ‘Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood’, featuring Grammy Award-winning jazz vocalist and songwriter, Gregory Porter is now at radio. Jamie Cullum's musical taste is eclectic to say the least. His live reputation is well deserved and his sold out concerts pluck from the widest musical spectrum, from heartbreaking ballads through to live sampling and beat boxing. His recordings have been equally diverse, and most recently Jamie can be heard guesting on albums by Labrinth, Rizzle Kicks, Birdy and alternative hip hop supergroup Deltron 3030. This is a man confident in his own musical skin. But let's not forget, Jamie is the UK’s bestselling jazz artist, ever. His radio show is the most listened to jazz broadcast in all of Europe and on ‘Interlude’ it is into his love of jazz he dives. This new album is a collection of twelve tracks, cribbed (mostly) from the earliest days of jazz, recorded simply in one room, with incredible musicians, like it used to be. In his own words, from a tour bus between summer festivals, Jamie says, “When I finished my last album, Momentum, I’d started to get into the habit of immediately starting work on something new. I was renegotiating my record deal and not sure of what was going to happen next. My jazz show for BBC Radio 2 in the meantime was three years old and through that I’d been meeting some amazing people. I was well acquainted with the British jazz scene but only through the show did I get the chance to sit in a room to chat specifics with some of the leading lights of this vibrant community.”

Comments