REVIEW! Taylor Swift – 1989

Back in 1989 I was almost in my senior year. The sound of the 90s was acid house, friendly pop-rock, teen pop and dance pop. I couldn't care less. Ok, I lie. I did listen to some of the 90s music, and yes, I confess I have some of the 90s biggest best known CD. The truth is that I am a child of the 80s, the synth pop era. So I was VERY surprised when listening to country-pop star Taylor Swift's latest CD only to find there is NO country elements! GASP! Could it be the result of the singer moved from Nashville to New York? For sure! On 1989 she shed every last country gene she had left. Listening to 1989 sounds like listening to a Pet Shop Boys CD, Bouncy, synthy and good. Did I really just say Taylor is good? I did! Oh the shame... All jokes aside, "1989 is a glitzed-up pop powerhouse about living in the big city, leaving old selves behind, and, yes, dating people you probably really shouldn’t be dating. It’s not that Swift is making the same mistakes she promised herself she’d stop making in “Trouble”; it’s more like she’s accepting that making mistakes is a necessary part of the fucked-up charade we call adult life." says consequenceofsound.net - and so true! This album has everything that a Taylor fan could want, love songs, guy advice and tons of dance hits that will brighten up your mood. The CD is a 100% cross over to pop and fans will love it. I did…

Comments