Thabsie Unveils Songs About You



The sensational New School R&B vocalist, Thabsie, makes a memorable debut today with her album Songs About You already in the Top 20 iTunes chart.

Earlier this week, the African Queen songstress struck a chord with a captivated audience at her exclusive album listening session (Wednesday, 20 September), which continued to trend throughout the evening and well into the next day.

Still basking in her post event glow, Thabsie expressed “I got chocked up during the session. It was such an exciting and surreal moment, I never thought this day would come. I was filled with butterflies and nerves. Finally my dream has come true”.

The event was well attended by media and the singer’s close friends and family as they were treated to personal insights, song by song, as well as performances by well-known rappers KiD X, Kwesta and JR who each in turn showed their support of Thabsie’s musical journey.

The singer who left her job in Finance, expressed that the album details her journey before and after she decided to focus only on making music.

“I started recording this album three years ago and it really reflects the journey that the personal experiences I have had. I wrote every single song on the album to ensure that my story was conveyed properly.”

Thabsie, who is elated about sharing her music with the world, says “I am extremely excited and equally nervous about my debut album. I feel very vulnerable with this body of work because I am exposing my emotions and my feelings and everything that I have gone through. I just hope that people will receive it well and connect to it.”

Comments