Good music stars gone bad



Amelle Berrabah
What does rock band My Chemical Romance and sugar sweet pop group Sugababes have in common? A member of each of the two groups recently made not so good headlines with run-in with the law. First up we have Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah who had an ugly encounter with Project Manager Danielle Dodoo in the VIP area of Alto - owned by Amelle's boyfriend Tom Benn - in London's Soho, The Sun reports. According to reports, Danielle had asked Amelle to watch where she was going, which prompted the altercation, the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court heard. "She was slurring," Danielle said. "She kind of leaned up towards my face and said something like she was going to bite my nose off. She had her hand around my neck and it must have been there for a few seconds." Amelle denied common assault but was found guilty and let off with a conditional discharge after being ordered to pay £250 compensation. District Judge Michael Snow told her she had inflicted "nasty, unpleasant" injuries. "Following my conviction for assault today, I would like to offer my unreserved apologies to the band's fans, my band mates, our record label and my family," Amelle said. "I fully respect the Court's verdict and am pleased that the Judge saw fit to impose only a sentence of conditional discharge. Although I was subjected to provocation on the evening in question I do not condone violence under any circumstances and would urge anybody who finds themselves in similar circumstances to show restraint and walk away." Amelle was charged with drink driving in 2010 and later given a 14-month driving ban.

Michael Pedicone
In the second run-in with the law news, Digital Spy reports that My Chemical Romance drummer Michael Pedicone has been fired after being "caught stealing" from the band. Michael joined the band for their ongoing American tour with Blink-182 after previous drummer Bob Bryar quit in March 2010. Guitarist Frank Iero announced in a statement that Michael has been asked to leave for thieving from the group after a date in Washington this week, an act that left all of his former colleagues "heartbroken". "The relationship between My Chemical Romance and Michael Pedicone is over," Iero said. "He was caught red-handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington. We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over this entire situation. The band has no intention of pressing charges or taking this matter any further than we have to. We just want him out of our lives." Michael took to Twitter to clear up the incident, saying: "What happened is more complicated than it sounds but I did make a mistake. It was never my intention to hurt this band or all of you. It was an error in judgement based on a whole other situation that's way deeper but this does not define me."

Comments