CD REVIEW! Example - The Evolution Of Man

I have to confess, I was a bit taken by surprise when listening to Example's fourth studio album. It's not quite what we have expected, but, listening to the CD for a second time, it actually grew on me, and now I'm loving it! Honestly, if you liked Example's hit songs Kickstarts and Changed The Way You Kiss Me, then be prepared for something completely different. The Evolution Of Man is Example's rock star album. Yes, rock! Lyrically think Nirvana's Kurt Cobain and musically think Blur and Fields Of The Nephilim. Blur's Graham Coxon even throws in some sleek guitar riffs on Evolution of Man. The CD is a gloomy soul-searching as Example (born Elliot John Gleave) repent his sins of drug abuse, infidelity and more. Sounds a lot like Nirvana's Kurt Cobain to us . . . On the rap-metal but yet  brilliant opening track Come Taste the Rainbow, he claims to have Asperger's. I salute Example for taking the brave move from pop, dance tunes to rock. Let's hope the fans enjoy it as much as I did. A big evolution for Example indeed. Watch the video for Come Taste The Rainbow, HERE!

Comments