CD REVIEW! T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head

Global superstar T.I. has released his eighth solo studio LP Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head and the iconic MC says although he will always be honest when talking about his mistakes as well as triumphs, he’s done apologising.“Pretty much every aspect of my life is public knowledge, my best times, my worst times and everything in between, Tip offered. “It’s important for me to let people know that yeah, I do talk about colliding with some pitfalls on this album; it’s not going to be a mournful project. I think a mistake I made with my last album No Mercy is apologizing to people who didn’t necessarily care about or care for me in the first place. The people who really love me and my true fans never turned their back on me.” For the album title, Tip drew inspiration for the project from his own life as well as one of his favourite artists. “There isn’t anybody that is familiar with Marvin Gaye, who doesn’t love his music,” Tip began explaining about the titling of his album. “I’ve been a tremendous fan of his since I was first introduced to his genius work as a child. His entire catalogue is stellar, but that Trouble Man Soundtrack was always one that stuck out to me. I listened to the title track a lot when I was recording this album and thinking of a name. I kept saying that the lyrics in Marvin’s record apply so eloquently to my life. I was truly inspired by it.”

Comments