NEW! Linkin Park - Recharged

Back in 2002 rockers Linkin Park surprised fans with a remix album Reanimation. It was actually a "follow-up" to their Hybrid Theory CD and continued the band's experimentation by fusing various sounds together. Now they are doing it again with Recharged. Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park said, "After Reanimation I told many people I would never put together another album of remixes...but as I began to hear all the amazing reinterpretations of LIVING THINGS, I had to change my mind.  The result, RECHARGED, is definitely worth it. I can’t wait for you guys to hear this amazing project, with contributions by Pusha T, Datsik, KillSonik, Bun B, Money Mark, and others. Our new song with Steve Aoki, A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES is on the album as well, plus a special remix of the new song by the inimitable Rick Rubin. Enjoy the music!" The obvious stand out track on this remix compilation is A Light That Never Comes with CD Steve Aoki. The Tom Swoon Remix of Burn It Down is in your face brilliant as well as the Schoolboy Remix of I'll Be Gone. I am a big Linkin Park fan so it hurts my soul to say the following: unfortunately, the rest of the CD is a bit mediocre. Not the greatest ever. If there is one reason to buy the CD, it would be for the Linkin Park/Steve Aoki song, but if you are looking for a kick-ass album that will knock your front teeth out, stay clear of this one.

Comments