Blood Brothers presents: Ek Sweer op my Lewe (I Swear on my Life)

Only a few days to go before 10 of South Africa’s most talented performers set Carnival City’s stage on fire with a massive 3 hour rock ‘n roll show in aid of the Vrede Foundation.

The Vrede Foundation – founded by Herman Pretorius, who lost his battle to cancer eight days before his 30th birthday in 2009 – is dedicated to raising awareness, early detection, as well as funds for young South Africans with cancer.

Blood Brothers recorded a heartfelt song in Afrikaans, English and Xhosa, Ek Sweer op my Lewe (I swear on my life) to raise more funds for the Vrede Foundation and as a keepsake for those who can’t make it to the concert.  This gripping single can be purchased from iTunes, Bandcamp and Google Play Store.

Herman’s brother, Henré Pretorius, coordinated and co-directed the music video for Ek Sweer op my Lewe, to whet fans appetites for the Blood Brothers’ epic show at Carnival City on 9 September 2016.

Ek Sweer op my lewe (I swear on my life) was written, recorded and mixed by George van der Spuy (Taxi Violence & Crawling King Snake) and Nicolai Roos at Kill City Blues. “We gave the Blood Brothers a basic template which involved each band member’s contribution.  Each member put their own feel and stamp on the parts they recorded,” says George.

George van der Spuy explains the story behind the song: “Too many people have lost friends and family to cancer so the song is mainly about missing those people and how if you had one more chance to see them, you would tell them you love them and hold them close to you one more time.”

Buy Ek sweer op my lewe here:



Comments