Mobi Dixon Returns Stronger with Live The Music Gold Edition



The multi-award winning, DJ Producer, Mobi Dixon is about to unveil the dance album of the season Live The Music Gold Edition - boasting several remixes and alternate versions of material off his gold selling album Live The Music -  scheduled for release on Friday 29 September and available to pre-order on iTunes and Google Play from today.

Mobi Dixon’s aim is to keep South African’s dancing throughout the Summer with his perfectly crafted remix album of Live The Music which not only earned him a Gold sales milestone, it also won the coveted Best Dance Album Award (Metro FM Music Awards) and Best Dance Album nomination (South African Music Awards) earlier this year. The offering includes recent works with Maxwell, Davido and Tinashe, in addition to his latest smash hit Bhutiza which has been heating up the airwaves.

“ It’s been a year since the release of Live The Music and my 10th anniversary in the industry. The Gold Edition is a celebration album of what we have achieved with this project and has given me the opportunity to showcase my remix capabilities by adding my touch to some great international and local works and breathing new life into my own works. Furthermore it has given me an opportunity to showcase some young local producers namely Mr Luu & MSK and Medium Points who have contributed to the album”

The Bhutiza hit maker said that he got inspiration for Live The Music Gold Edition before his award winning album Live The Music was certified Gold.

“I started working on the album near the end of 2016 with the Maxwell and Davido remixes. I then created a Trigger remix and this inspired me to create remixes for other songs on the album and to give other guys an opportunity to remix the songs,” he said.

Always one for a challenge, when asked about the inspiration behind the album, he said “It was really about pushing myself as a producer and showcasing how versatile I can be. I like challenging myself, I never want to be boxed to one particular sound or genre when I know I am capable of doing more. I want to start expressing that more in the future. Bhutiza may have shocked fans, but it shows that I am not predictable or monotonous.”

Bhutiza ft. Nichume is the lead single off of Live The Music Gold Edition that has been making waves on radio and the charts with the #BhutizaDanceChallenge dominating club dancefloors. Download or stream the single here: https://SonyMusicAfrica.lnk.to/Bhutiza

The celebrated DJ was recently nominated for Best Artist or Group in the African Electro category at the All Africa Music Awards earlier this month and will be heading to Nigeria to represent the country in November.

Comments