Westlife's Mark Feehily to go solo


Mark Feehily
Mark Feehily of the Irish heartthrobs Westlife, has told the Sunday Mirror that he is planning to go solo, once the band has split up. The group announced last month that they are to part ways after 14 years together, bowing out with a farewell tour in May 2012. Mark has said that he will use the split to be more creative with his solo music and is already considering several offers, such as writing a musical, the Sunday Mirror reports. "I will definitely focus on making music. Singing is my gift and what I'm really good at. I want to make records for sure, and I want to direct music videos - something I've always wanted to do, but I've never had the chance. I'd also love to write a book and I've been approached to write a musical ­- it's a modern version of Taboo by Boy George. It's my chance to be creative." Shane Filan has also spoken of his desire to embark on a solo career, saying all the band members including Kian Egan and Nicky Byrne have considered it. Kian recently admitted that Simon Cowell hasn't contacted the band since they announced their split.

Comments