Adele: Etta James "was the ultimate original"


Adele and the late Etta James
British singing super star Adele has paid her respects after the death of Etta James on Friday 20 January at age 73. Etta passed away in a hospital in Riverside, California after being diagnosed with leukaemia in 2010, reports Digital Spy. Speaking about the iconic artist, Adele wrote on her official blog: "What a lady Etta James was. She was the ultimate original. "Her voice was breathtaking and her songs are reflections we all recognise in some way or another. It's an honour every time I hear her voice. "I saw her at BB Kings in New York a few years ago, and it was something I will remember forever. Thank you to Etta James. And I send all my love to her family and friends xxxx." Beyoncé previously paid her respects to James, stating: "Etta James was one of the greatest vocalists of our time."

Comments