Florence Welch's big hangover


Fiery read head Florence Welch
Florence + The Machine singer Florence Welch have apparently set fire to her hotel room after a heavy evening of drinking. The fiery red head told Q magazine that she also chipped her tooth that night. She recalled: "I think I must have had about 17 Dirty Martinis. I lost my phone and ripped my dress very badly. I accidentally set fire to The Bowery Hotel because I'd left a cinnamon tea light burning. I came back to the hotel, passed out in my ripped dress - no phone, chipped tooth - came round and there was black stuff all over the wall, my book had melted on the bedside table and there was a bucket of water on the floor. Actually the last scene you want to wake up to with a hangover. Half the room was singed." The singer, who was partying with Kanye West and Lykke Li, said that her credit card bill was inflated more by her tab on the bar. "My American publicist was like, 'Ah yes, there was a very big bill on my credit card'," the 25-year-old added. "But the fire damage was only a couple of hundred. The big bill was the bloody dressing room drinks bill."

Comments