Snoop Dogg's softer side

Snoop Dogg (Universal)
Rapper Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Broadus is a rare exception in the turbulent world of Hip-Hop. In a genre where big names come and go just as fast as hit records, Snoop Dogg has managed to stay tremendously relevant throughout his  years in the game. Now the rapper has promised that his next album will display a new side to his personality, reports Digital Spy. The 'Young, Wild & Free' rapper teased that his forthcoming release will explore his softer side, a prospect which he never thought to reveal on previous records. He told MTV News: "It's a project where it's more about the element of surprise, but at the same time it'll be talked about in due time. It's special; it's a real special project to me because it's like the reincarnation and the birth of me becoming who I really am. I never really knew who I was through the music. I was always a very peaceful, kind, loving, caring individual and making music to symbolize that sometimes never was my key." Snoop Dogg went on to say that he feels that his new material, when released, will further ensure his longevity in the rap game, adding: "This record, and this project will symbolize that and gives me the opportunity to step into the world of the stadium and then do those kind of songs that last 40, 50 years to go along with what I've already done."

Comments