Mariah Carey delays release of CD nr 14

Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey is gearing up to deliver new music - just not quite yet, reports ontheredcarpet.  The super star was set to release her 14th studio album, "The Art of Letting Go," on July 23. The Grammy winning singer took to her official Twitter account to let her fans know that she needs more time to perfect the record. "While making this album, I got so immersed in the creative process that I just don't feel I would be doing it justice to release it on 7/23," she Tweeted. "I'd rather not exclude meaningful songs," she continued in a separate Tweet. "I want to give you this album as it's meant to be heard. When I'm ready, you'll be the first 2 know!" The songstress is set to embark on a world tour following the album's release. While it was officially announced that the tour would kick off in October 2013, it's unclear whether the album's delay will impact the tour's start date. Regardless of any changes, the tour still appears to be happening, with the performer posting on her official website "I finally get to go on another world tour!! I can't wait to see my fans and sing my brand new music as well as the fan-favourites!!!"

Comments