REVIEW! U2 - Songs Of Innocence

Firstly I would like to thank Irish rockers U2 for giving iTunes users free 'copies' of their latest CD, Songs Of Innocence.  I was scpetical of this CD as I thought it would never see the light of day due to various media reports. I also wasn't sure what sound to ecpect due to the band working with various producers, but it's safe to say the CD sounds like U2. As The Telegraph put it so perfectly: "It is an album of big, colourful, attacking rock with fluid melodies, bright anthemic choruses and bold lyrical ideas. Perhaps the most surprising thing is that, despite apparently being created in a spirit of self-doubt, it sounds fresh and cohesive, bouncing out of the speakers with a youthful spring in its step." Although this is not the best U2 CD I have ever heard, it's good enough to be on rotation on my iTunes playlist.

Comments