MOVIES! New 'Twilight' movies on the way

Firstly, this is a music blog and not a movie blog. Secondly, although I love movies, I don't write about it on this music blog. Thirdly, I confess to being one of the Twihards (Twilight movie fanatics). When I first heard there are new 'Twilight' movies on the way, I thought it was a joke. A hoax. It turned out I was wrong! This is the real deal! The New YorkTimes report that movie production company Lionsgate is resurrecting its supremely popular supernatural romance saga in the form of a series of “mini-movies,” set to premiere exclusively on Facebook next year. According to the report, Lionsgate and “Twilight” author Stephenie Meyer will select “five aspiring female directors” to helm short films centred on the characters of the “Twilight” universe. “The female voice is something that has become more and more important to me as I’ve worked in the film industry,” she told the Times. As for using Facebook as the platform to launch the new “Twilight” movies, Lionsgate’s Michael Burns said: “We think Facebook is a great way for us to introduce the world of ‘Twilight’ to a whole new audience while re-energizing existing fans.” He added that these “Twilight” mini-movies are “just the beginning - a template, if you will.” The last Twilight movie was released in 2012.

Comments