CD REVIEW: Wiz Khalifa - Rolling Papers

Cameron Jibril Thomaz, better known as Wiz Khalifa, will have your head bobbing in no time with his catchy and melodic debut CD, Rolling Papers. His single Black and Yellow became a huge hit on the global charts, and the trend will continue with his new songs Roll Up and The Race. On Ustream.tv, he explained the title of the CD: "It’s an appropriate title. It’s called Rolling Papers, like the papers that you roll, the papers that I roll, the papers that we smoke. But it’s deeper than that too. I thought of this before I even started recording the album and before it was a full idea. It’s not just about the weed thing. It’s bigger than that. My career really took off when I started smoking papers. The second reason I called it Rolling Papers is when I left Warner Bros., I sort of got my ‘rolling papers.’ I got my contract, fucking rolled up, and smoked. And I was able to walk and I was able to leave and I was able to do my thing and I was able to capitalize off that. So that’s another pair of papers that I really needed in my life. The third reason why I named it Rolling Papers, I quit writing a long time ago. I stopped physically writing it down or putting it in my BlackBerry or iPhone. I write notes down, but I don’t write whole verses, so it was like saying goodbye to the paper. The paper’s rolling out too. So everything is real natural. The first thing that came to my head is how I really, really feel. I feel like this is my most natural sound" The G-Mix of Black and Yellow features Snoop Dogg, Juicy J and T-Pain. Check out the video here! Black and Yellow - G-Mix

Comments