Going Gaga for Judas?

The long wait is over - Lady Gaga will premiere her Judas music video on Thursday in America. According to Billboard.com, the long-form Judas video, which was co-directed by the pop star along with her choreographer, Laurieann Gibson, will premiere on E!. The biblically themed visual stars Gaga as Mary Magdalene and Hawaii Five-0 and The Boondock Saints actor Norman Reedus as Judas Iscariot. "There's a decided shock value," Laurieann Gibson told Billboard about the Judas video. "Ultimately, it's a story about oppression; a story about following your heart and the glory of being free." Lady Gaga, who has been blasted by religious groups for the song, told MTV, "I will tell you now, first off, I’m Christian, and my career is evidence of God in my life, and I think that most people are already thinking that Gaga and the blasphemy and they’re premeditating the approach and I think they’ll be very shocked to find out how huge and really groundbreaking the message is and how freeing the message is for all the right reasons. And it’s really going to shock the world. There were elements of ‘Born This Way’ during our collaboration [with director Nick Knight] and, as much as I loved it, there were moments where, for me, it didn’t really evolve as I had inspired of the actual creative, which was defined. But when we got to ‘Judas,’ it was very clear to me and the inspiration was very clear to her." Judas is the second single from Lady Gaga's new CD Born This Way is scheduled for release on 23 May.

Comments