CD REVIEW: Andrea Corr - Lifelines (Next)

Andrea Corr, lead singer for Irish outfit The Corrs, delivers a splendid second solo CD of cover songs that will have fans singing along in not time. Included on the record, which is co-produced by Brian Eno, are tracks originally recorded by John Lennon, Roy Orbison, Kirsty McColl, Daniel Johnston, The Velvet underground, Ron Sexmith and Blue Nile. Andrea told digitalspy.co.uk, "This was the nicest working experience I have ever had. We did this quietly. It was a truly authentic experience. I was doing it behind closed doors. I stayed in the moment while we were doing it. When you sing other people's songs, something about that really allows you to be a singer and just a singer. All I had to do was interpret. There is a huge freedom in that." She added: "When I was young I used to listen to music all the time ‐ first thing in the morning, before school and as soon as I got home. Music is one of the only places where you can travel in your mind, truly forget yourself and become someone else. Music can make a moment eternal. It allows you to revisit what you felt just by putting on that song again. Suddenly, you're right back there... falling in love, heartbroken, lost, found and lost again. Lifelines."

Comments