Lady Gaga - The coffee-table book

Mama Monster - Lady Gaga
Can't get enough of Lady Gaga? Then we have some good news! The singer will release a hefty coffee-table book, one that features more than 350 photos of the singer taken by fashion photographer Terry RichardsonRichardson over the course of 10 months. The singer will write the foreword for the book, which will be released on 22 November. Publisher Grand Central Books said that it will capture "the intimate, random, behind-the-scenes moments" of GaGa's life. The company's Jamie Rabb said: "Lady GaGa will be one of the most stunning, provocative and coveted books of the 2011 holiday season." Lady Gaga told MTV, "Terry was with me for [almost] a whole year, and, gosh, I didn't hold anything back from Terry ... he was with me every minute, every moment," she said. "It's completely unfiltered. He has photographs of me waking up in the morning, brushing my teeth, in the bathroom, in the bathtub, the shower. And the thing about Terry, if you know anything about his photography, is that nothing is staged; I mean, that's sort of what he is renowned for. He can get you to do things and he can capture things that no one can ever capture.
"What I love so much about Terry is that he thinks everything is so beautiful. I'm always, 'Oh Terry, get out of here,' and he's like, 'Oh, it's so beautiful, let me just shoot it,' " she continued. "I felt so comfortable with Terry. I love him so much. He's a really close friend, and I feel really honored that he traveled [with me]."
The singer said the self-titled book not only showcases her whirlwind life — it follows her from the main stage of Lollapalooza to her Maine rally to repeal "don't ask, don't tell" to the final shows of her Monster Ball Tour in Mexico City — but the lives of her ultra-dedicated fans too. That was as much a goal as the unfettered access was. And, from the sound of things, the book manages to accomplish both. "My favorite thing, honestly, is that [Richardson] loved the fans. He shot the fans the same way he shot me: with no pretense. No 'Well, she's put out records and they haven't.' None of that. The music was all of ours," she said. "He would come backstage and he would say, 'Oh my God, the fans!' And I'd say, 'I know ... I know what you just photographed.' And he'd say, 'Baby, wow!' And then he'd film me, like, peeing in a cup and, like, ridiculous things."

Comments