Best DJ in the world announced

King of the DJ World: David Guetta (EMI)
It's official, David Guetta has been named the Best DJ In The World for the first time in the annual Top 100 DJs Poll, reports Digital Spy. The 'Gettin' Over You' star knocked four-time consecutive winner Armin Van Buuren into second place after more than 600,000 people voted in the survey, which was powered by Trackitdown.net. David, who recently played two huge gigs in South Africa, said: "I'm very happy. I was thinking it was going to be impossible for anybody to replace Armin Van Buuren as No.1. I've had amazing success as a producer, but I always saw myself first of all as a DJ. Of course I love making music, but DJ culture is everything to me - it's been my life for so many years." He added: "It's been an incredible few years recently; it's been a real revolution for everyone - not only for me, for everyone that is a DJ, a producer. Everything is changing, our sound is taking over the planet." Armin Van Buuren had predicted that David would take his crown after winning his fourth award in 2010. David was given the prize at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam during the 2011 Amsterdam Dance Event. Guetta, Van Buuren, Fedde Le Grand, Markus Schulz and others performed at the ceremony. The highest climber in the poll was Calvin Harris, who rose 60 places on last year's position to number 34.

Deadmau5
The top ten of the Top 100 DJs poll was as follows:
1. David Guetta
2. Armin Van Buuren
3. Tiesto
4. Deadmau5
5. Above & Beyond
6. Avicii
7. Afrojack
8. Dash Berlin
9. Markus Schulz
10. Swedish House Mafia

 *Canadian DJ Deadmau5 is set to perform in South Africa for the first time ever in December. Tickets available at Computicket. This is ONE show you dare not to miss!

Comments