Evanescence's Amy Lee is a serious woman


Amy Lee
Goth singer Amy Lee of rock group Evanescence recently sat down with Camille Dodero of Spin Magazine to discuss the departure of band cofounder Ben Moody, being a wife and her infatuation with M.I.A. "She so freaking powerful and awesome", Amy says. "I love her voice because it's weird, almost like she doesn't care." The singer told Spin that although the public thinks that she has a serious persona, it doesn't create any misconceptions about her. "I don't think it's a misconception because the music is serious. When I'm posing for a photo shoot, I'm not gonna be sticking my tongue out with my eyes crossed. My looks fit the music. Me in real life is a much more broader spectrum. I'm the goofball. I'm the person cracking up people. She also said that she can't even remember the last time she spoke to former member Ben Moody. "Oh, we don't talk. We don't have a relationship." Amy went on to explain that she and her music represents the underdogs. " Evanescence fans aren't the popular kids in school. They aren't the cheerleaders. It's the art kids and the nerds and the kids who grow up to be the most interesting creative people. That was me in school." The band has just released their new single What You Want, which is the first single from their new third studio CD, Evanescence.

Comments