John Mayer in surgery


John Mayer (Details Magazine)
Crooner John Mayer has had surgery to correct an inflamed nodule on his vocal chords, reports Digital Spy. The 'Half of My Heart' singer was forced to cancel two performances last month after developing the granuloma, and has now updated fans on his medical condition. "Hey all, I wanted to give you an update on the granuloma just above my vocal chord," Mayer wrote on his official blog. "I had surgery this afternoon to remove it and am now on complete vocal rest for a month or more. It's been a very long process in waiting to see if time was an alternative to surgery, but even given two weeks' voice rest there was no change for the better." He added: "I never thought I'd be wishing I could do what I love again." John has also had to postpone his fifth studio album Born and Raised until 2012.

Comments