Kelly Clarkson didn't liked her "old vocals"


Kelly Clarkson in the video for Mr Know It All
Singer Kelly Clarkson was never actually happy with her vocals on her earlier hit singles, reports Digital Spy. The 'Mr Know It All' singer told Metro that producers use technology too much when working with female pop singers. Kelly said of her upcoming album Stronger: "It sounds so much better than the others. Sometimes people get hold of us pop girl singers and compress the hell out of our vocals. Even voices that don't need AutoTune get it, so you have all these robotic voices. I wanted this record to sound like my live vocals." Asked if Auto-Tune is used too much today, she added: "I understand why people use it for texture but I grew up listening to Patsy Cline and Aretha Franklin - they weren't perfectly 'on' all the time. However, if you listen to 'Ain't No Way' by Aretha Franklin, you'll think: 'Oh, that's how you do it.' There's a lot to be said for performances that are raw and emotional and not perfect. When I hear 'Since U Been Gone' or 'My Life Would Suck Without You', I love the songs but the vocal is so compressed it kills me."

Comments