NEW MUSIC! Garbage is back

Shirley Manson and Garbage
Garbage singer Shirley Manson is suped excited about the band's yet untitled new CD. The group, who are best known for hits like Stupid Girl, I'm Only Happy When It Rains, are in the studio completing their first album since 2005's Bleed Like Me. Shirley told Spin.com, "People we've played it for say it sounds like the first record, and I'm thinking to myself: 'It doesn't sound anything like the first record.' But there's an energy there that is, I think, reminiscent of the first record; a sort of hungriness is there. The overriding themes are pretty much about being a misfit, a geek, a nerd, a forgotten-about, in a way. It is really ironic because when the band initially started taking off, I thought: 'Wow, I'm no longer a geek! I'm cool! I'm hip! I'm popular!' And of course, the feelings never went away." It is reported that the band, which also includes drummer Butch Vig and guitarists Duke Erikson and Steve Marker - are now at the mixing stage of their as yet untitled new album. Butch said, "We went into the studio with no expectations. We have seven songs mixed and maybe five to go. Hopefully the record's gonna drop in late March or early April.

Comments