Katy Perry in Broadway?

Katy Perry
If producer Harvey Weinstein has his way, then singer Katy Perry will star in his Broadway adaptation of My Week With Marily, reports Digital Spy. "If the movie works, I would try to make it a musical and I would go to Katy first," he told Entertainment Weekly. "I think she can play Marilyn on the Broadway stage… I think she would be amazing." He went on to credit Katy with sparking interest in the film after a remixed version of 'The One That Got Away' was featured in the latest trailer for the movie. "Katy posted about it on her Twitter and Facebook and the next thing you know 250,000 people have downloaded the trailer in an hour," Weinstein said. The movie stars Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe and she recently confessed that she did not always feel sexy as Monroe, and explained that the icon had many aspects to her personality which were dark and not centred on vanity.

Comments