Chiano Sky on boys, love and music....


The 18-year-old Chiano Sky is making waves around the country with her hit song "Sick Sick". The singer is one of those rare gems who really has the full package - the looks, the voice and she writes incredible music!  "I write about boys. I write about love. I write about heartache," she says. "It's about the kind of things that people have written about for centuries, but as a songwriter you interpret these things differently and in your unique voice." The Beat caught up with her on Valentine's Day and she told us about her favourite love song, if she’s dating or not and what a guy has to do to catch her attention!
Chiano Sky (EMI)
What has been the most appreciated Valentine's gift you've ever received? This deep red love letter this boy made for me with a rose that he pressed and stuck on it, I still have it after my primary school years.
And the worst one ever? Is there really a worst? Getting something is always a spoil on Valentine’s Day.
What are you planning for Valentine's Day? Damn I'm going to spoil myself to the sweetest piece of cake , and go dancing around the city blowing kisses and throwing winks with my single lady friends probably screaming out the lyrics to the song 'I Don't Need A Man' by the Pussycat Dolls hunting cupid , something along those lines.
You single at the moment, or is there a Mr ChianoSky....? I am a free bird and damn I'm digging it.
How would you describe you ideal man? You don't have to have the sexiest face just the sexiest heart and soul , A man who can keep a smile on my face, genuine! And a man who does not wear his ego on his sleeve will do.
What about love inspires you to write songs? Just how vulnerable one is able to get no matter how tough they are when love hits them over the head.
What is your favourite love song? It’s a toss between Kylie Minogue's 'Love At First Sight ' and Nina Simone's 'My Baby Don't Care'.
What is the corniest pick-up line you have ever heard or what someone has tried on you? I once heard this line 'Are you from Jamaica ? Cause your 'Ja Making' me crazy ' , though I'm not going to lie as corny as it is I would probably have the silliest grin on my face if a guy pulled it on me.
How would you go about catching the eye of a guy/get his attention? It’s all about the eyes , I would reel him in like a foolish fish with my eyes.
Complete the sentence: Love Is.....exactly what you want it to be.

Comments

Post a Comment