Rihanna and the UFOs



Rihanna (celebmoon.com)
Rihanna in Battleship
Barbados singer Rihanna once searched the sky for little green men from Mars. The singer told the British newspaper The Sun. that her father, Ronald Fenty, was fascinated with the idea of extra-terrestrials. He encouraged Rihanna to keep a look out in case a spaceship appeared and she prided herself on being vigilant. "My dad used to make me sit outside on the steps all night long looking for UFOs flying by, and I had to do that for years. I didn't see any but I saw a falling star once and I was like, ''Yessss, Dad! Come and see, it just darted!'' Aliens are still a big part of Rihanna's life as they have a starring role in Battleship, her first feature film. The movie is about a group of naval officers who battle an other-worldly invasion on earth. She portrays Petty Officer Cora Raikes, who is tough and determined. Playing such a strong role was thrilling for Rihanna and it reminded her of her time in the Cadet Corps. She enjoyed training for the organisation before she was famous but can't image what it would be like to do that for a full-time job. "A soldier? I don't know. That is, I mean, if I had to I definitely would - I have so much respect for soldiers," she said. "They dedicate their lives to saving other lives and saving their countries and a lot of times they don't even get recognised for it, even when they come back. Sometimes they don't have a place to go. It's really sad but they put themselves on the line out there and I admire them so, so much. It really takes a certain character and person with a certain discipline to be a soldier."
* Still now new if Rihanna is touring South Africa this year. Rumours are rife, but as soon as The Beat knows, we will shout it out to all her fans!

Comments