John Mayer's romantic flop


John Mayer
Crooner John Mayer's technique to woo a girl on a date failed big time. The singer recalled on the talk show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon that he serenaded a lady with the erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey. Despite his out-of-the-box thinking, John didn't get the reaction he was hoping for. "I met this girl not long ago, and I was trying to impress her and she had Fifty Shades of Grey on the Kindle and I said, 'I'm gonna sing it to you. And so, I sang one of the pages of Fifty Shades of Grey," he explained. "She fell. She fell to the ground laughing and I think that was the only way I could make her laugh. I sold out, completely. She didn't really get it though, 'Like, I'm not singing for a year and I just sang you Fifty Shades of Grey.'" The E. L. James tome has been causing quite a stir with its risqué content. John has joked he isn't a fan though.

Comments