REVIEW! George Michael - Symphonica

Could George "I Want Your Sex" Michael be the new Frank Sinatra? I truly think so after listening to his CD, Symphonica. It's his first release in years and he sounds super fine. The CD was recorded during his 2011 - 2012 Symphonica tour in Europe and it's a step away from his pop tunes, and see him embracing jazz and some swing. He ventures into the field of late Frank Sinatra with his big band and orchestral sound. Yes, Michael performed with a full orchestra! I truly think he gives Robbie Williams a run for his money with the swing tunes as it much more of a natural grace. On the CD he pays homage to Nina Simone, Marvin Gaye and other giants. What made me almost spill my coffee was the excellent cover of Terence Trent D’Arby’s “Let Her Down Easy” - absolutely brilliant.

Comments