Vera Lynn announces new album on 97th birthday

Now this is special! World War II sweetheart, (Dame) Vera Lynn is releasing a new CD! And this on her 97th birthday! WOW! This is balls!The new album will be released on 2 June to mark the 70th anniversary of the World War II D-Day Landings (6 June) and will feature not only her most memorable and morale-boosting hits that sustained Britons through the wartime years, but some previously unreleased tracks, recently discovered by her daughter Virginia. Dame Vera commented "I think it's wonderful that my songs are still enjoyed, especially if it encourages people to commemorate what happened seventy years ago. It's moving for me to relive those days, and humbling to know that people still think of me ' after all, it was simply my duty to keep singing".

Comments