REVIEW! Coldplay - Ghost Stories

Honestly, I was very sceptical about this Coldplay CD. The bits and pieces I heard online before the official release just did not made me go 'awesome'. The sixth full-length studio release for the alternative rock band led by Chris Martin was influenced in part by Martin's relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow. So I was expecting boring feel-so-sorry-for-myself lyrics. I was almost wrong. The CD is an OK piece of work that only peaked my interest from the 3rd time listening to it. Pitchfork.com said, "[The CD] is a subdued work that finds Martin and his band crisply moping through mid-tempo soundscapes and fuzzy electronic touches that have the visceral impact of a down comforter tumbling down a flight of stairs." It isn’t worth rushing out to buy. If you haven’t listened to Coldplay much, go back to their first two albums, Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head before judging them on Ghost Stories. If you are not that a big fan of the band but still on occasion listen to their music, give this one a skip. It won't convince you to like them now. Sorry Chris, better luck next time.

Comments