REVIEW! Deadmau5 - While(1<2)

Deadmau5 (Joel Zimmerman) is back in the EDM seat with his latest double disc release, While(1<2). I was quite surprised to find out it's a double CD, and although I gave it a couple of listens there were actually only a couple of tracks that grabbed me by the balls. Don't get me wrong, I dig Deadmau5 and saw his show in Cape Town, but his latest release is genre hopping release. Yes, you do have the Deadmau5 signature sound, but he is tapping into too many genres. I was very surprised to hear the god of industrial rock Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails on the CD. That song is actually kick-ass. I'm not regretting yhe fact that I bought the CD, it's just I wanted more. EDM is an evolving genre and maybe Joel did it right with this CD, but I'm just having a hard time getting into it. Just my honest opinion....

Comments