REVIEW! Tiësto - A Town Called Paradise

For Tiësto making music is about giving.The Grammy Award-nominated electronic dance music icon offers up his greatest gift yet in the form of his fifth full-length album and career first for a major label, A Town Called Paradise. That's saying a lot considering his track record too… "The record has two sides to it," he reveals. "Part of me is always trying to innovate, and that's half of the album. The other half of me is always a crowd pleaser. I love giving the audience what it wants. I put all of the experiences I've had over the past twenty years into this. This is my sound. Of course, it's dance, but it's melodic. There are strains of indie rock, yet it's very happy. These songs will make you smile. They'll make you dance. They'll make you want to go out. It's everything a Tiësto album should be." That's easy to hear on the collection's shimmering first single "Red Lights". Written with Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk and featuring vocals by Michel Zitron, the track shines with Tiësto's instantly recognizable production and an unforgettable hook, effortlessly straddling the lines between house, electro, and pop.

Comments