CD REVIEW! Ariana Grande - My Everything

Bubblegum pop has never been my scene. Never. Ever. My Everything from Ariana Grande changed my opinion. Not that it's actually bubblegum pop, but that was what I expected to hear when I got the CD. I was very wrong. The 21-year-old Nickelodeon starlet grows up on this CD. As Rolling Stone says, "It's a confident, intelligent, brazen pop statement, mixing bubblegum diva vocals with EDM break beats." And I do like EDM. Her voice is haunting, almost like Maria Carey, but not quite. A bit of Selena Gomez, Kary Perry, but better. The songs "Problem", and the shimmy shake "Bang Bang" are my favourites. The CD feature guest appearances from A$AP Ferg, Big Sean, Cashmere Cat, Childish Gambino, Iggy Azalea, The Weeknd, and Zedd. Not a bad release at all. Actually quite enjoyable.

Comments