CD! Gwen Stefani - This Is What the Truth Feels Like

Honestly, when I popped the This Is What the Truth Feels Like CD into the player on Wednesday, I was hoping to hear something in the line of Love. Angel. Music. Baby. (2004). Ok, maybe that was a bit much to expect, but hey, a guy can only hope. What I heard was something, uh, ok(ish). Not bad for Gwen Stefani, but also not brilliant (#Love. Angel. Music. Baby.). Yes, the lyrics talks about her divorce and yes the lyrics flirt with her new love of her life and yes, you can bob your head to the songs, but I'm missing something. It's like the CD is there, but the core is not. It's like Heaven without God or Hell without Lucifer (ok, the last one might be a bit harsh comparison). I'll always have a soft spot for Gwen - my mom of Ska (#No Doubt). Song Send Me A Picture is a bit different, dare to say experimental from the rest of the CD, and it works. Then there is Red Flags and Asking 4 It (featuring Fetty Wap). Good songs, just without a soul. No courage detected here. It's not that I don't like the CD, it just won’t be on repeated play in my car. #Pity.


Comments