Jacob Young: From soapie star to super music star


For many fans of soapie The Bold And The Beautiful Jacob Young, who plays Rick Forrester, is a devoted husband, but the actor has another passion, music. “I want people to know that music is truly in my heart, and I'm passionate about it. I'm not going to stop doing it, and it's just going to keep growing,” the actor told digitaljournal.com. He already released a self-titled CD in 2001, and now released an EP filled with heart plugging country music. “I have to say a good portion of this EP are songs that are based around my relationship with my wife and my family,” Young added. “These are the things that I draw from. These are the things that are in my life every day. So I’m really proud of this EP and I really hope everybody enjoys it as much as I’ve enjoyed putting it together,” he revealed to cbs.soapsindepth.com.

The hunky singer admits that of all the great songs on the EP, Fool For You to be his favourite. “I feel so connected to everything that I am writing, but with 'Fool For You,' that is my fastest-growing song to date, and it just keeps growing," he said. "It does not connect with today's country music in any way. It was a very simple, early country song. It is really interesting how everybody is drawn to it. I love infusing the '90s county feel since that is the country music that I grew up on.” Jacob is a country music fan and lists artists as Keith Whitley, George Strait and Waylon Jennings as his biggest musical influences. "I love a lot of old country music, and a lot of the new songs," he said.

VERDICT
After listening to snippets of the EP, The Beat’s verdict it’s one to get your hands on. Jacob delivers music that touches your soul, makes you smile, fill you with warmth and keeps your feet tapping. It’s a definite keeper.

Comments